Jacquesl
- 136
- 1
What happens to lead then you overheat it beyond its melting point, and what metal or chemical does it become then?
Last edited:
What is strong and brittle. If you cooled the melt back down, you might easily have a microstructure resembling some high temperature phase that is frozen in. This will depend on things like composition and cooling rate.jacques said:Nope, I’m not mixing anything, just want to know why lead suddenly change to some weird burnout lead, it look like lead, but it’s strong in a way and brittle.
Lol, I’m not that sure man, it’s probably old news in NASA. but if found anything usable about my “burned up can liner” please let me know?Maybe you have discovered a "buckycan" form of carbon!
I was concerned about lead vapour. The temps you're creating could liberate some elements that would normally be inert and harmless.Jacquesl said:Dave, it’s not like I’m filling my room up with SO2 gasses, It’s just a can, man
DaveC426913 said:I was concerned about lead vapour. The temps you're creating could liberate some elements that would normally be inert and harmless.

chemisttree said:If you understood the process well enough, you could, for example, put an additive in diesel fuel that produced a magnetic soot particle. That particle would find its way into the oil and be removed by a magnet.
Activated carbon is difficult to remove by filtration and filter aid must be used. magnetic filtering would not require a filter or filter aid. There are many, many uses of magnetic activated carbon. Mercury removal in coal fired power plants, for example.