What have you purchased recently?

• Thread starter CynicusRex
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Technology
In summary, Sophia shared her purchases from the past two days, including a new 6B pencil and Copic markers, and also mentioned that she's had a quadcopter for a while and lost it in the bushes within the first hour. Gold does not count, according to Sophia.
CynicusRex
Gold Member
As the title says, share your purchased gizmos, or anything else.

Two days ago I've had the opportunity to play with a quadcopter. I was hooked instantly. After a half day of searching and comparing I ordered one. I feel like it's Christmas; yearning for the present.
maxresdefault.jpg

Likes beamie564, Psinter and 1oldman2
Physics news on Phys.org
Two heads of cabbage, a stalk of leek, potatoes... Okay, other than food? I really don't buy anything, ever. There's nothing I *need*.

But lucky for you, I finally was able to get me some Copic markers last weekend and they're heavenly :oldlove:. Also, while at the store, I got another 6B pencil because the one I had at home was too short.

Likes Hoophy, CynicusRex and 1oldman2
Does Gold count?

Likes Hoophy, Pepper Mint, CynicusRex and 1 other person
1oldman2 said:
Does Gold count?
Now that's something you don't buy everyday!

Likes 1oldman2
I am typing this while at a coffee shop (Tim Hortons). I just purchased a cheese croissant and a mug of tea; finished the croissant, working on the tea.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Has anyone bought someone ?

Pepper Mint said:
Has anyone bought someone ?
Like modern-day slave trade? :oldlaugh:

Likes Pepper Mint
A toothpaste. Look how white my teeth are! :biggrin:
Btw shouldn't it be called teethpaste? Are you supposed to brush only one tooth with it?

Likes beamie564 and Psinter
Sophia said:
Btw shouldn't it be called teethpaste? Are you supposed to brush only one tooth with it?

Is there a word for these kind of language mistakes? For instance, near miss should be near hit. There are loads of these errors. I love it when standup comedians point them out.

Likes Sophia
TheBlackAdder said:
Is there a word for these kind of language mistakes? For instance, near miss should be near hit. There are loads of these errors. I love it when standup comedians point them out.
It's called "English".

@Sophia You've got a nice green face, too!

Likes Ibix and Sophia
American English or British English?

TheBlackAdder said:
American English or British English?
I only know American English and can't tell you the real differences between the two types. All I'm saying is that the language is messed up on so many levels and it's just something you've got to deal with (and laugh about).

Most languages have that problem I guess :)

ProfuselyQuarky said:
It's called "English".

@Sophia You've got a nice green face, too!
Thank you. I had to eat a suspicious yoghurt in order to get this color.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky said:
...Also, while at the store, I got another 6B pencil because the one I had at home was too short.
Gosh you brought home a new big pencil to play with while also using the old short one ?

Likes CynicusRex
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Two heads of cabbage, a stalk of leek, potatoes... Okay, other than food? I really don't buy anything, ever. There's nothing I *need*.

But lucky for you, I finally was able to get me some Copic markers last weekend and they're heavenly :oldlove:. Also, while at the store, I got another 6B pencil because the one I had at home was too short.
ProfuselyQuarky, have you received anything on this special day? ;)

Last edited:
Likes ProfuselyQuarky
TheBlackAdder said:
Two days ago I've had the opportunity to play with a quadcopter. I was hooked instantly. After a half day of searching and comparing I ordered one.
That one looks rather small. Can it take pictures and video?

You know, it only dawned on me about 6 months ago that all the Hollywood helicopter shots of yore, which used to be signs of a big budget, have been taken over by the drone cam.

Sophia said:
:oldlaugh: Can't argue with that. This is the kind of statement that calls for: "Technically not wrong" picture. :approve:
71b.jpg
TheBlackAdder said:
Two days ago I've had the opportunity to play with a quadcopter.
That looks like so much fun. :partytime: I haven't bought anything recently.

Likes Sophia, CynicusRex and beamie564
Sorry OP, I haven't bought anything like a quadcopter. Just some cough syrup and soup (powder) for myself :approve:

Likes CynicusRex
Sophia said:
Btw shouldn't it be called teethpaste?
Yeah, it probably should... excluding northeastern Georgia, of course.[COLOR=#black]...[/COLOR]:olduhh:
Are you supposed to brush only one tooth with it?
In that area, more likely than not... if you know what I mean.[COLOR=#black]..[/COLOR]:oldbiggrin:

Deliverance.jpg

Likes ProfuselyQuarky and Sophia
I bought a quadcopter once. Within the first hour it was lost in the bushes of my neighbors yard, and it was many rainstorms before I saw it again. Lessons: 1) go to the park. 2) Don't panic if it starts drifting too far away. 3) Wait until daylight. 4) Don't get the little handheld ones. Get them 18 inches minimum.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
TheBlackAdder said:
As the title says, share your purchased gizmos, or anything else.
Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 9.26.16 PM.png

zoobyshoe said:
That one looks rather small. Can it take pictures and video?

You know, it only dawned on me about 6 months ago that all the Hollywood helicopter shots of yore, which used to be signs of a big budget, have been taken over by the drone cam.

Lol, I also had that epiphany once, after thinking it was all shot with helicopters which would be way too expensive. And it's a cheap micro quadcopter. It's not made for recording. Although this one might have the ability to carry a very small camera, but that's not why I bought it.

This is why:

Algr said:
I bought a quadcopter once. Within the first hour it was lost in the bushes of my neighbors yard, and it was many rainstorms before I saw it again. Lessons: 1) go to the park. 2) Don't panic if it starts drifting too far away. 3) Wait until daylight. 4) Don't get the little handheld ones. Get them 18 inches minimum.

Mine is a handheld quadcopter: 140 * 140 * 40 mm. I figured it's the smartest and cheapest way to learn 3d/acrobatic flight if you've never flown anything before. The RTF (Ready To Fly) one was only €41.52. Amazingly the RTF one my friend bought was even less at http://www.banggood.com/Yi-Zhan-X4-6-Axis-24G-RC-Quacopter-With-LCD-Transmitter-RTF-p-927450.html , however not capable of 3d/acrobatic/inverted flight. They're still a lot of fun and can be flown outside. The biggest downside for me is the flight duration of 5 minutes, but that's easily mitigated with extra batteries.

Algr said:
Is that some kind of gimbal for cameras?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought my new Samsung Galaxy s7 edge last week and I am loving it. It is my reward for my hard work. LOL

A gift for my mother and household items for myself and my cat (food, paper, cat sand)...
I haven't bought any gizmos for quite a while...:H

DennisN said:
I haven't bought any gizmos for quite a while...:H
A big stack of paper is better than most gadgets tenfold. :oldbiggrin:

ProfuselyQuarky said:
A big stack of paper is better than most gadgets tenfold. :oldbiggrin:

Especially when folded into this:
IMG_20160714_184642_zps1iccc1wh.jpg

Likes Sophia and ProfuselyQuarky
Today I bought a box of Richeese rolled wafers with cheese cream (they taste sooo really good) and a box of green tea kit-kats (ohhh super yummy). Both smell so uhmm...good. :oldsurprised:

Pepper Mint said:
...a box of green tea kit-kats (ohhh super yummy).
What?

I bought apple ipod.

Hoophy said:
What?
enhanced-buzz-8316-1285522417-64.jpg

Likes Hoophy
Pepper Mint said:
enhanced-buzz-8316-1285522417-64.jpg
Wasabi flavored KitKat! No problem.

TheBlackAdder said:
Is that some kind of gimbal for cameras?

Yes. And also a quick relese purchased separately.