What if one stand in the middle of a composite boson?

In summary, the conversation discusses the formation of composite bosons by two fermions and the role of frame of reference in determining whether they can be treated as a whole. It is mentioned that a composite boson is formed through a bound state between the two fermions. The role of relative position in this process is also discussed. However, there is confusion about the definition of a composite boson and its constituents.
luxiaolei
Hi,all.

My lecture said, two fermion can form a composite boson. two spin half plus together get 1.

Yes I agree, but i think that's depend on whose frame of reference.

say A and B is two fermions, C and D is another two fermions (observers). AB form a boson.

if:

AB C

or

ADB

basically, what I want illustrate is, C is far from AB, and D is close to AB.

C can treat AB as whole, i.e a composite boson.

BUT, D can not.

Am I right? helps please!

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
luxiaolei said:
Hi,all.

My lecture said, two fermion can form a composite boson. two spin half plus together get 1.

Yes I agree, but i think that's depend on whose frame of reference.

say A and B is two fermions, C and D is another two fermions (observers). AB form a boson.

if:

AB C

or

ADB

basically, what I want illustrate is, C is far from AB, and D is close to AB.

C can treat AB as whole, i.e a composite boson.

BUT, D can not.

Am I right? helps please!

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

A composite boson isn't just any two fermions randomly selected. Typically, these two fermions, via some mechanism, form a bound state with each other. Example: the Cooper pairs in conventional superconductors form bound state via phonon exchange.

Unless you are going to argue that such bound state are also "relative", then I don't see how one can confuse on what the constituents of a composite boson is.

Zz.

1. What is a composite boson?

A composite boson is a type of particle that is made up of two or more smaller particles, such as atoms or subatomic particles, that are bound together by a force. Examples of composite bosons include protons and neutrons, which are made up of smaller particles called quarks.

2. What happens when one stands in the middle of a composite boson?

If one were to somehow stand in the middle of a composite boson, they would experience an incredibly strong force holding them in place. This force is known as the strong nuclear force, which is responsible for binding the smaller particles within a composite boson together. It is one of the four fundamental forces in nature.

3. Is it possible to stand in the middle of a composite boson?

No, it is not possible for a human or any other macroscopic object to stand in the middle of a composite boson. These particles are extremely small, with sizes on the order of femtometers (10^-15 meters). Additionally, the strong nuclear force would make it impossible for anything to enter into the center of a composite boson.

4. What are the properties of composite bosons?

Composite bosons have a number of properties, including spin, charge, and mass. The properties of a composite boson are determined by the properties of the smaller particles that make it up. For example, protons have a positive charge and a spin of 1/2, while neutrons have no charge and a spin of 1/2.

5. What are some real-life applications of composite bosons?

Composite bosons have been extensively studied in particle physics and have helped us understand the structure of matter and the fundamental forces that govern the universe. Additionally, they play a crucial role in technologies such as nuclear power and medical imaging, as well as in the development of new materials and technologies in fields such as nanotechnology.