What instruments do you play?

What instruments do you play

• Total voters
I'm just curious; this forum is full of people who excel at creativity thinking, something essential for music and art.

I play the keyboard and an electric guitar, but I'm not practiced in either, I just dabble.
I played piano as a child then woodwinds in high school. Apparently the students classified flute as dainty and most of the girls chose that instrument for music class 🎼

Seem the guitar is the most popular one, or the most easy one to play.

symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Seem the guitar is the most popular one, or the most easy one to play.
Portability could be a strong influence leading to popularity.

Easy or difficult to play depends on just what and how to be played. Also, of just how much effort the player gives to developing.

Relative. Piano, violin etc... the quality of play is directly proportional to the depth of knowledge and skill. Its easy to play a tune on any intrument, hard to reproduce genius.

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
off topic offramp small.jpg

MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
I play mainly Guitar.

I have a classical guitar, electric fender guitar and electric fender bass guitar.
Though I play rarely nowadays, can't find the time to play; now and then I still play my classical guitar.

I much prefer playing with my fingers than with a pick.
But I don't make money from playing guitar.
Now and then, I get bored with the repetitive music that I hear and play my "chaotic" music on my classical guitar.

I once tried reading the musical theory, but I much prefer to improvise; sometimes I improvise something that I heard, I remember some bass guitar lines from a gong's Espresso track.

Hi to all musicians out there :smile:

I just want to share my own experience. :wink: I've started playing guitar when I'm on 4th grader. My brother was also a musician. But, I've stopped for a long time just to focus on my studies. Also, as a young kid, I wanted to play rather than to practice.
When I got worked, I learned to play a violin. But I can play only one piece of composition that my brother arrange. I didn't continue for so long because I stopped again just for nothing. :rolleyes:
For now, since I have worked again, I'm trying to play the piano. I was inspired to play to our church so I keep practicing.

It's just nothing. I want to share my side. But, if you have any comments for me, I will greatly appreciate that. Thank you very much for listening. :smile: