What is Enthalpy and How Does it Relate to Heat and Pressure?

  • Thread starter Thread starter abcbac
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
abcbac
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What is Enthalpy? I mean how is it different than heat. Also Enthalpy= change in energy+pressure*(change in volume). I don't understand where the PV comes into play in this equation.
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Have you read your book, or wikipedia? What do the say?

You have to show your attempts before receiving help. This is a forum policy.
 
abcbac said:
What is Enthalpy? I mean how is it different than heat. Also Enthalpy= change in energy+pressure*(change in volume). I don't understand where the PV comes into play in this equation.

It can also be usefull to look around in this forum, for example at:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=338573