What Is the Amplitude of a Harmonic Load in the Frequency Domain?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Mazzletov
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I am having a bit of trouble with calculating the Fourier transformation of a harmonic load.

I have the function f(t) = A * sin(ωt) in the time-domain.

I would like to represent this function in the frequency domain.

What would be its amplitude?

Thank you
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF;
Please show your best effort so we can see where you are having trouble and so know how to best help you.
Thank you.
 
Mazzletov said:
Hello,

I am having a bit of trouble with calculating the Fourier transformation of a harmonic load.

I have the function f(t) = A * sin(ωt) in the time-domain.

I would like to represent this function in the frequency domain.

What would be its amplitude?

Thank you
It is a delta function at ω with amplitude A.