vvc531 Messages 6 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jan 15, 2010 #1 Homework Statement Describe the behavior of r= abs(sin n theta) where n is a positive integer Homework Equations N/A The Attempt at a Solution I have no idea how to do this
Homework Statement Describe the behavior of r= abs(sin n theta) where n is a positive integer Homework Equations N/A The Attempt at a Solution I have no idea how to do this
Mark44 Mentor Insights Author Messages 38,152 Reaction score 10,759 Jan 15, 2010 #2 What does the graph of y = sin(n[itex]\theta[/itex]) look like in comparison to the graph of y = sin([itex]\theta[/itex]) Now what does the graph of y = |sin(n[itex]\theta[/itex])| look like?
What does the graph of y = sin(n[itex]\theta[/itex]) look like in comparison to the graph of y = sin([itex]\theta[/itex]) Now what does the graph of y = |sin(n[itex]\theta[/itex])| look like?
vvc531 Messages 6 Reaction score 0 Jan 15, 2010 #3 I have done what u told me However, i cannot come up with a good explanation to summarize the phenomena
I have done what u told me However, i cannot come up with a good explanation to summarize the phenomena
Mark44 Mentor Insights Author Messages 38,152 Reaction score 10,759 Jan 15, 2010 #4 How about just describing the graph you got (the one for y = |sin(n[itex]\theta[/itex])|?