What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 585K views
It's too old to link to youtube, but "Springhill Mining Disaster" about the 1958 collapse of that Nova Scotia coal-mine is very moving - my version is by Peter, Paul and Mary.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
turbo-1 said:
It's too old to link to youtube, but "Springhill Mining Disaster" about the 1958 collapse of that Nova Scotia coal-mine is very moving - my version is by Peter, Paul and Mary.

It took a while, but I found a short clip of it on Amazon.com. I actually went ahead and ordered the album since I like Peter, Paul and Mary anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000002LLN/?tag=pfamazon01-20
 
B. Elliott said:
It took a while, but I found a short clip of it on Amazon.com. I actually went ahead and ordered the album since I like Peter, Paul and Mary anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000002LLN/?tag=pfamazon01-20
You're going to love it. Don't listen to it if you are feeling low, though. They capture the isolation and claustrophobia of mine-collapse perfectly in their rendition.
 
How about Best Soundtracks?
There are only two I can think of that I would count as 'the best'...

The Soundtrack for O Brother Where Art Thou,
Who could not want it after hearing Man of Constant Sorrow by The Soggy Bottom Boys

The Sountrack for The Crow (taste sensitive)
When I saw the first trailer for the movie and heard Big Empty by the Stone Temple Pilots I knew I wanted the soundtrack. I wasn't dissappointed in it at all. It had several artists I had never heard of and various interesting genres of music. As a warning there is some rather hard metal as well as goth/industrial types of music that certainly isn't for everyone.
 
And I almost forgot the Bladerunner soundtrack by Vangelis. It was quite good aswell.
Tears in the Rain beginning with Rutger Hower's last line in the movie is great.
 
Even BETTER song:

ANother amazing video of course.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues.

Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like a Lady.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't posted about one of my favorite bands until right now. I liked them back in the 80s, then they got "too popular" and I was required to not like anything on a major label (I'm over that now). Then "They" literally walked out on their label and went back to the minors, but it took my having kids to get back into TMBG again.

20 years ago they showed the world how to make a http://youtube.com/watch?v=pAmFTmCs3IY" out from their last release.

And while I'm on the subject, they also have produced the best music "for kids" during the last six years. One of mine and Simon's favorites: http://youtube.com/watch?v=x5ohtlewREI"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Music by Jaco Pastorius, Gentle Giant, Bob Marley, Return To Forever, Charles Mingus, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers. I could go on a very very long time.
 
As a reaction to the concurrent most pathetic noises thread ever, the opposite:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
This, of course, is the best national anthem in the world.
The first image is the front of the Royal Palace here in Oslo, and the video ends with showing Galdhøpiggen, Norway's highest mountain (2469 m. a. s.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
46 pages, and THIS song is missing - somethings going wrong here ! :cry:

Sweet Home Alabama, by Lynyrd Skynyrd

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Flanders and Swann, 2nd Law Of Thermodynamics...
http://www.uky.edu/~holler/CHE107/media/first_second_law.mp3
 
The more I look at this thread, the more I come to the conclusion that ALL the good stuff is still missing ! But don't worry, I'll try my best to fix it, bit by bit.

"Pet Sematary", The Ramones

 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Walk this Way", Aerosmith vs. Run DMC



EDIT: You really should turn up the volume for this one !
 
Last edited by a moderator:
you must hear this
Title:Waiting for My Real Life to Begin
Artist : Colin Hay
 
"Tainted Love", Marilyn Manson

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oberst Villa said:
"Tainted Love", Marilyn Manson



Hmm..I'd rather say Soft Cell's version:
 
Last edited by a moderator: