What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 588K views
Now don't get me wrong.. I'm not into hip-hop/rap/RnB. But everyonce in a while something amazing comes along, and whether it is techno/trance or hiphop, it deserves an acknowledgment. I nominate "Nelly - Just A Dream" to be among the best songs. It spoke for me, about me, to me, and soothed me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPX-o7Decw
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Best old-fashioned geek song out there. From the days of punch-card programming.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
lisab said:
Sounds very Crosby Stills & Nash, to my ears.


Speaking of which...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP0VBB7BO64


What an awesome tune. Always thought they were better with Neil Young.
 
I've been working slowly through the posts in this thread. Lots of no longer available links, but this lady, Mary Black, was mentioned by one of the first few posters. A real nice song by her:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Pink would step outside the Pop genre more often - this is beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY7luanS150
 
Sade - Soldier Of Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR5_rTCi-Bo
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZrBzj9YwpI
Pretenders doing a Ramones cover, great song.

Another one of this album that just shakes you up is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93rzEBvB3lM
 




both are similar. I love both.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Im currently listening to matt and kim


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgBeu3FVi60
 
Eminem - lose yourself (everyone must, MUST see this video!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRRn9NoZs8s

if you can't view it here go to this link


Edit by Ivan: Link fixed
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Best. Song. Ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7645WX3xvHc
 
Finally... put in the video! :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yw1Tgj9-VU
 
Gummi Bears



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRTSZZgCUik
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ally Cat by Seventh Wonder.
One of the best singers of all time in my opinion.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Some random favorites:

Arthur Russel - This is how We Walk on he Moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjzsnNkL-7o

Yokko Kanno - Blue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03qBqP2I4p8&feature=related

Modest Mouse - Trailer Trash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjecIllOEio

Bloody Tears Thread Lightly Remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ESu3iYPHI&p=D36DF62EF2A7D22B&playnext=1&index=12

Liz Phair - Divorce Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J3EHUOYxjo
 
Heard this song today. Made me think of MiH :smile:

Blue jean baby, LA lady...​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRK5vLUYLmg
 
While I think that there is no such thing as "best song ever", here is what I like at this instant...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msRy4vcSX4k

Edit: add this one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfNOKQdY-U
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately culture often stops at the language borders.

The last will of my childhood (1966), Boudewijn de Groot in a much later performance

mdhQ3oZ2-YQ[/youtube] To get an ...p as long as you continue to live [/quote]
 
I've always liked these songs.

Up the irons from NJ




And of course you can't forget this one.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is by far the best guitar piece I've ever herd.
I have journey'd long nights in pefrect silence amongst this musical bard.
Funkadelic by Maggot Brain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh3bleXWaCk
 
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EL67mjv1nM