What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 585K views


My favourite song today. Strikes me as Nico-ish.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know if this was already posted..

Stereo MCs - Connected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOKJKhNYAzI
 
I heard this one this morning...ah, Sade...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8QJmI_V3j4
 
I just heard this on my stereo (random-play CD carousel). I don't know if I've posted the link before, but it may be my favorite Hendrix song. Axis - Bold as Love.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking said:
Listening to the oldies.

These are from the Album, War of the Worlds. Evo, Tsu, and I, all love this album. The music was performed by the Moody Blues. The WOTW story is told through a combination of music and narration.

Forever Autumn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUTDUwALPPE
Definitely a favorite!
 
ViewsofMars said:
It's Friday! I'm a woman. It's time to have some fun! Heading out of town for the weekend. Us ladies are are going to be struting at the beach hotel. Nice dance floor there. :approve:
Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJL4UGSbeFg[/YOUTUBE

Shania Twain - That Don't Impress Me Much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8[/YOUTUBE

I've always had a huge crush on Shania, and she apparently divorced Mutt Lange just last month.

Time for me to make my move! :!)
 
Van Morrison (Them), "Gloria"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkaMVLHxzWE&feature

This video somewhat seems like brainwashing. "Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!"
 


Such a sweet song. :smile:.

I don't know how much of it you guys will understand but it's still good to listen to :-p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
as usual with all things great, this one containts adult language, adult situations, and an explicit desire to break something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVpxxzb2Dc
 
zomgwtf said:
Such a sweet song. :smile:.

I don't know how much of it you guys will understand but it's still good to listen to :-p
Nikki Minaj is just sexy. Sorry but that is about all I paid attention to there. ;-)

cronxeh said:
as usual with all things great, this one containts adult language, adult situations, and an explicit desire to break something
A classic. I have not listened to that song in years.I think that we probably do not have enough punk in this thread...

This is pretty soft for punk. It was also fairly popular. Oddly a local christian radio program, "The Jesus Show", uses it as bumper music despite the band being avidly atheist and the song having allusions to atheism in it. It kind of makes me wonder about the host who actually 'portrays' himself as Jesus during his show.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
kd lang and Dwight Yoakam doing a Gram Parsons song from years back (Flying Burrito Brothers).

 
Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO, most likely the best song ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=948navfxhFQ&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imal5j4GdyU&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIorp4FEujg&feature=related
 
Certainly not one of the best songs ever but a nice video :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavUpD_IjVY&feature=player_embedded
 
turbo-1 said:
kd lang and Dwight Yoakam doing a Gram Parsons song from years back (Flying Burrito Brothers).



Really nice, Turbo. Thanks for that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dan Fogelberg wrote this song specifically for an Emmylou Harris duet. It worked!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7khL9Ms4ow&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7khL9Ms4ow&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Angus Young missed his calling as a blues guitarist (1:56 on for a short break) (3:44 for a nice lead). Malcom's rhythm is clean and understated, and Bon Scott's vocals are outstanding. Sad loss (Bon).

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Has to be the weirdest song/video I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1ICDy2PWX4

The mom is pretty hot though lol​
 
That was really bad, but the weirdest, yet oddly compelling, is Numa Numa.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60og9gwKh1o
 
Last edited by a moderator:
TheStatutoryApe said:
Nikki Minaj is just sexy. Sorry but that is about all I paid attention to there. ;-)


A classic. I have not listened to that song in years.


I think that we probably do not have enough punk in this thread...

This is pretty soft for punk. It was also fairly popular. Oddly a local christian radio program, "The Jesus Show", uses it as bumper music despite the band being avidly atheist and the song having allusions to atheism in it. It kind of makes me wonder about the host who actually 'portrays' himself as Jesus during his show.



Bad Religion actually has a following amongst evangelical christians. It makes some sense if you think about it.


This ugly url has some background.

http://books.google.com/books?id=FQ...&resnum=4&ved=0CCIQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false
 
Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keuR7MFyoJM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCnKG8ug4Ow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTzOuZWuLcs
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRlEA0ZTxZ4
 
Last edited by a moderator: