What is the BMAD of the Calcaneus Bone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter freq87
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Density
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 4K views
freq87
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am really stuck and could really use help.
Can someone please tell me the density of calcaneus bone. I can't seem to find it in any textbook or journal articles.

Please if you know let me know the journal or book you got it from.


thank you so much
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Hi freq87.

For a Korean population, there's a table here: http://synapse.koreamed.org/Synapse/Data/PDFData/0063JKMS/jkms-20-1011.pdf

hBMD seems to be around 0.4 - 0.6, for a particular Amazonian population, according to tables towards the end of this article: http://www.pinniped.net/madimenos2011a.pdf

The units? Mentioned in the first article.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am really stuck and could really use help.
Can someone please tell me the density of calcaneus bone. I can't seem to find it in any textbook or journal articles.

Please if you know let me know the journal or book you got it from.

The units for the density needs to be in g/cm^3. I can't seem to find it anywhere really worried.

thank you so much
 
I need it in g/cm^3 or kg/m^3 ?

These are all the results from dexa which calculates density in g/cm^2
 
I believe the gm/cm^3 figure is known as bone mineral apparent density (BMAD).