Centripetal acceleration of a race car on a circular track

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
marla
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
HELP...new physical science student seeking to understand physics. Can you help me with this problem

A race car goes around a level, circular track with a diameer of 1.00 km at a constant speed of 90.0 km/h. What is the car's centripetal acceleration in m/s2?

Marla
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi marla,
marla said:
HELP...new physical science student seeking to understand physics. Can you help me with this problem
Seeking to understand, or just want the solution to the problem...?:rolleyes:

Either way, please observe the forum template;
 
i need help with the formula to solve this problem. I know this is probably a super simple question but I am a struggling science student that really wants to be successful in this class. Don't just want the answer...want to understand how to solve.
 
Would it help if I told you that centripetal acceleration is somehow related to tangential and angular velocity?