What is the domain of 10/ln x?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rusho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Domain
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 6K views
Rusho
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
I'm confused on this domain question

10/ln x

I really don't know where to start. Do I graph it and then go from there? :confused:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Basically I take it you are looking for the set of all x values for which the expression 10/ln(x) is defined, correct?

So think to yourself, when is that expression not defined?

(When you answered "0,infinity", did you mean (0,infinity)?)
 
well if it equals -10, then I think that would make the numerator zero.

But I think I need to look at the denominator. So it cannot be zero
 
Last edited:
Rusho said:
well if it equals -10, then I think that would make the numerator zero.

But I think I need to look at the denominator. So it cannot be zero

Yes, that's true. For what value of x is ln x= 0?

Also, the domain of ln x is the open interval [itex](0, \infty)[/itex].
Your "0, infinity" is ambiguous. 0 is not in the domain of ln x.