What is the exact value of sin 240º?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Corkery
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Functions
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Corkery
Messages
32
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Find the exact value of each trig function:
Sin 240º


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I am so lost here. I have no attempt. I am not asking you for the answer (i can't get answer without making an attempt which I don't have) i just need help. Please.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Try to express 240 as sum or difference of angles for which you know the value of sinӨ like 360, 30, 60 etc.
 
Last edited:
so 240 is 60 degrees more than the 180 line of quadrant 2 so sin 60 = √3/2. is that right or am i totally off?
 
Corkery said:
so 240 is 60 degrees more than the 180 line of quadrant 2 so sin 60 = √3/2. is that right or am i totally off?
sin is -ve in 3rd and 4th quadrant