What is the Final Temperature of the White Coffee?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
bidhati
Messages
9
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A person has 300 g of black coffee at temperature 350 K in a vacuum
flask. 100 g of milk at 280 K are added to the coffee (the flask is immediately closed, so the loss of heat to the air is negligible). Assuming that the specific heat capacities of the coffee and milk are equal, calculate the temperature of the white coffee (black coffee + milk) after the milk has been added.


Homework Equations


C = Q/ delta T
T = m1*C1*T1 + m2*C2*T2 / M*C2 + m1*C1

The Attempt at a Solution



This is where I am going mad I am not given specific heat capacities thus I have no idea as too how to go about solving this problem.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If C1=C2, then you can factor all those terms out...