What is the Fuel Consumption of a Motor After 7 Minutes?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
steve 99
Messages
6
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I posted int he other section but not sure if that area was a bit high maths

I have this questions an answer to it would be great.
.Q.1 At t minutes after an engine starts, the rate of fuel consumption is Rkg per minute. it is given by R=10+ 10/2t+1.

a) Sketch R as a function of t

b) find the rate of consumption after 7 mins

c) find the limiting value of R as t becomes very large

d) calculate the total consumption in the 1st 7 mins

not sure how to do it
Thank You

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I can do part 2
 
Physics news on Phys.org
steve 99 said:

Homework Statement



I posted int he other section but not sure if that area was a bit high maths

I have this questions an answer to it would be great.
.Q.1 At t minutes after an engine starts, the rate of fuel consumption is Rkg per minute. it is given by R=10+ 10/2t+1.
First, is this R= 10+ (10/2t)+ 1 or R= 10+ 10/(2t+ 1)

a) Sketch R as a function of t
Okay, have you done that? Just calculate some values and draw the graph.

b) find the rate of consumption after 7 mins

c) find the limiting value of R as t becomes very large

d) calculate the total consumption in the 1st 7 mins

not sure how to do it
Thank You

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I can do part 2