I think this can be solved analytically.
It is not indispensible, but you could make the variable X = (x + 1) to have a slightly tamer looking equation, as d/dx = d/dX OK? Edit: I see already suggested.
Then you might recognise this as the linear homogeneous equation. Bearing out what I said in
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=4458709&postcount=5 I easily found in Piaggio Art. 40 how to treat this kind. I don't say your substitutions won't work too, but Piaggio gives substitute X = e
t. You are in the end able to express in t without X and get a linear d.e.
I get
[tex]4 \frac{d^2y}{dt^2} + 16\frac{dy}{dt} + 3y = 0[/tex]
but don't rely on me, maybe that should be 8dy/dt after all*, it will be something solvable anyway.
Offhand I don't see what the 'singular point' is about, is this X = y = 0?
I would be glad to see the solution results here and what the s.p. is about.
*Edit: Gives nice factorisation! It must be that!
