What is the Hall Sensor IC and how does it detect North and South poles?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robin Hooper
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pole
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Robin Hooper
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone, I've been looking for an IC that can detect a North pole and/or a South pole. I know that there are pens or wands that can do this but what is it in the wand that detects either pole. I'm working on a spining magnet flywheel essembly that has an array of north oriented magnets and when rotated has an array of South oriented magnets on the other half. What I'd like to do is have this IC switch on/off repeadedly when either pole presents itself.

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hall Sensor IC, is what you are looking for.