What is the Language of Autism?
- Topic: Lingusitics
- Thread starter Loren Booda
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
35 replies · 6K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Doc Al said:Just tried it again. Still works for me. There is a link on the right that looks like a father / daughter story. Don't click on it!
I'm not clicking on any link anywhere other than the one posted here! It goes straight to a father-daughter story. If I click on the one in the menu labeled "A world apart" which the description sounds like should be the one, I just get a screen that says "undefined" instead of a video.
Huckleberry
- 497
- 7
I got the link from this site.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/02/21/autism.amanda/index.html
Below the picture of Amanda Baggs there should be a video clip titled 'Amanda's World, Part 1.' Hope it works for you. I can't seem to find another copy of the story.
I'm not very impressed with CNN's website. I can't get the second part of that video to play.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/02/21/autism.amanda/index.html
Below the picture of Amanda Baggs there should be a video clip titled 'Amanda's World, Part 1.' Hope it works for you. I can't seem to find another copy of the story.
I'm not very impressed with CNN's website. I can't get the second part of that video to play.
Last edited:
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
That's the argument I was professing to my 22-year-old when he was having trouble at work with a particular enthnicity.Poop-Loops said:You're jumping from generalization to generalization.
I was under the impression that the point is you judge each person individually. Not assume they are stupid because they are autistic, or smart because they aren't autistic.
"Well why shouldn't I label them with a stereotype, if they're going to constantly reinforce it??"
sigh...
Poop-Loops
- 732
- 1
Ahh to be 22 again......errr... in 5 months, that is. :(
Oerg
- 350
- 0
i got the video of treating jaundice whenever i clicked that link
Similar threads
Lingusitics
What is the Easiest Spoken Language to Learn?
- Hornbein
- · Replies 25 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 25
- wrobel
- · Replies 47 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 47
- fxdung
- · Replies 33 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 33
- arivero
- · Replies 9 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 9
Lingusitics
What brain regions process irrational language?
- timeuser84
- · Replies 3 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 3
- bagasme
- · Replies 4 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 4
- BillTre
- · Replies 1 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 1
- Whipley Snidelash
- · Replies 32 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 32
- Astronuc
- · Replies 1 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 1
- bagasme
- · Replies 7 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 7