1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the level of math in SAT reasoning test?

1. Feb 19, 2016 #1
    In my country,we have an option of choosing our own subjects for high school.I have chosen physics,chemistry,biology and economics.So I don't get to study any high school math.For getting admission in college for a biology course,I have to take this SAT even though I hate math and aspire to do something in medical field.Will I be able to do math section in SAT reasoning test just by taking some extra classes or I should drop this idea to take SAT since I hate math and do not get to read it in high school.?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2016 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I Googled "SAT Practice Test" and got 104 million hits. That should be plenty to give you an idea of how well you will do.

4. Feb 19, 2016 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

So your physics and economics courses do not include any math at all? I would be surprised by that.

5. Feb 19, 2016 #4
    I thought I would get answers from experienced people who too hated math but did well in their SAT's math section.That is the only reason why I posted it here.And I do have enough brains to check out about it using Google,Mr vanadium.

6. Feb 19, 2016 #5
    Physics and economics courses does involve some math but I am not sure whether it would be enough for SAT tests.and that is the hell reason why I asked this question.

7. Feb 19, 2016 #6

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

1. No need to swear at us.
    2. There is a saying in America: "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."
    3. The best way to see how prepared you are is not to ask a bunch of people with different skills and experience how well they think you'll do, but rather to take the practice test yourself.
    4. If you don't want to invest the time to take the practice test yourself, it's not our fault. See point 2.
    5. In another thread you claim to have completed undergrad. If so, SAT is irrelevant for you.
    6. You were told that there as well. Asking the same question over and over hoping for a different response is unlikely to be helpful.

8. Feb 19, 2016 #7
    My sister sometimes uses my account.You might have seen her post.She's a
    doctor now and am about to take my SATs.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook