What is the level of math in SAT reasoning test?

• Testing
  • Thread starter Anithadhruvbud
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sat Test
In summary, the conversation discusses the option of choosing subjects in high school and the necessity of taking the SAT for college admissions. The person asking the question is unsure of their math skills and asks for advice, but is told to take a practice test to determine their preparedness. The conversation also mentions that the person's sister is a doctor and they are about to take the SATs.
Anithadhruvbud
In my country,we have an option of choosing our own subjects for high school.I have chosen physics,chemistry,biology and economics.So I don't get to study any high school math.For getting admission in college for a biology course,I have to take this SAT even though I hate math and aspire to do something in medical field.Will I be able to do math section in SAT reasoning test just by taking some extra classes or I should drop this idea to take SAT since I hate math and do not get to read it in high school.?

Physics news on Phys.org
I Googled "SAT Practice Test" and got 104 million hits. That should be plenty to give you an idea of how well you will do.

So your physics and economics courses do not include any math at all? I would be surprised by that.

Vanadium 50 said:
I Googled "SAT Practice Test" and got 104 millionms. That should be plenty to give you an idea of how well you will do.
I thought I would get answers from experienced people who too hated math but did well in their SAT's math section.That is the only reason why I posted it here.And I do have enough brains to check out about it using Google,Mr vanadium.

jtbell said:
So your physics and economics courses do not include any math at all? I would be surprised by that.
Physics and economics courses does involve some math but I am not sure whether it would be enough for SAT tests.and that is the hell reason why I asked this question.

1. No need to swear at us.
  2. There is a saying in America: "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."
  3. The best way to see how prepared you are is not to ask a bunch of people with different skills and experience how well they think you'll do, but rather to take the practice test yourself.
  4. If you don't want to invest the time to take the practice test yourself, it's not our fault. See point 2.
  5. In another thread you claim to have completed undergrad. If so, SAT is irrelevant for you.
  6. You were told that there as well. Asking the same question over and over hoping for a different response is unlikely to be helpful.

Likes billy_joule and Mark44
Vanadium 50 said:
  1. No need to swear at us.
  2. There is a saying in America: "You catch more fliesinconveniencehan with vinegar."
  3. The best way to see how prepared you are is not to ask a bunch of people with different skills and experience how well they think you'll do, but rather to take the practice test yourself.
  4. If you don't want to invest the time to take the practice test yourself, it's not our fault. See point 2.
  5. In another thread you claim to have completed undergrad. If so, SAT is irrelevant for you.
  6. You were told that there as well. Asking the same question over and over hoping for a different response is unlikely to be helpful.
My sister sometimes uses my account.You might have seen her post.She's a
doctor now and am about to take my SATs.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

1. What types of math are included in the SAT reasoning test?

The SAT reasoning test includes algebra, geometry, and some basic trigonometry. It also includes some data analysis and statistics questions.

2. How much math knowledge is required for the SAT reasoning test?

The SAT reasoning test covers math concepts typically taught in high school, so a solid understanding of algebra and geometry is necessary. Some questions may also require basic knowledge of trigonometry and data analysis.

3. Are calculators allowed on the SAT reasoning test?

Yes, calculators are allowed on the SAT reasoning test. However, only certain types of calculators are allowed, so it's important to check the College Board's guidelines before bringing a calculator to the test.

4. How much time is allotted for the math section of the SAT reasoning test?

The math section of the SAT reasoning test is 80 minutes long and includes 58 questions. This gives test-takers about 1 minute and 23 seconds per question.

5. How important is the math section in the overall SAT reasoning test score?

The math section is one of two main sections on the SAT reasoning test, and it makes up 50% of the total score. This means that performing well on the math section is crucial for achieving a high overall score on the SAT.