1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the Lightest and Strongest 3D printing material?

1. Jan 1, 2017 #1
    Looking for Something durable yet Very Light 3D printing material.

I googled and Found A product.

http://www.mes3dfilaments.co.uk/product/form-futura-carbonfil

Carbon Fiber PLA..

Any other suggestions? For application for small wind turbine propellers

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 1, 2017 #2
    The vendors may be able to answer this question.

4. Jan 1, 2017 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Beyond the material choice, what are you doing in your mechanical design of the blades to make them light and strong? That's one of the advantages of 3-D printing -- you can do lots of honeycombing and internal structures/voids to lighten and strengthen...

5. Jan 1, 2017 #4
    of course! just concerned about material right now.

6. Jan 1, 2017 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

This is completely strange and eerie, but whatever. I don't think I did a Google search on the words in your post looking to help you, but I must have because when I logged on just now, Google popped up this website advertisement:

http://www.shapeways.com/product/ZR...oll&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=fbdynamic

There is a material selection pulldown box on the right side of the page. Dunno if that helps. Google cookies are everywhere.... (luckily this time they are benign and maybe helpful)...

7. Jan 1, 2017 #6
    Ahhh so you saying the advertisements are pointing you in the right direction. Sounds like a conspiracy I will have a Look. Thank you!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted