What Is the Mathematical Form of Type Ia Supernovae Light Curves?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
shinjinibsu
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know the mathematical form of Type Ia supernovae light curves? I am trying to analyze supernovae data. I need to fit a function to the magnitude vs time data. So I require the mathematical form for magnitude as a function of time. If anyone has any idea about that, or can suggest a way to bypass this problem PLEASE let me know.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
There are any number of curve fitting algorithms that could be applied. Here is one that may be useful - http://supernovae.in2p3.fr/~guy/salt/
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chronos said:
There are any number of curve fitting algorithms that could be applied. Here is one that may be useful - http://supernovae.in2p3.fr/~guy/salt/

Does it work in windows or do I need to install Linux for that?
 
Last edited by a moderator: