achilles89 Messages 7 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Sep 28, 2011 #1 I have been looking all over the web and can find nothing...How do I calculate this? Please help if you can..thankyou
I have been looking all over the web and can find nothing...How do I calculate this? Please help if you can..thankyou
Bob S Messages 4,662 Reaction score 8 Oct 5, 2011 #2 I think the ultimate tensile strength of pure tungsten is about T = 100,000 to 500,000 psi, or 80,000 to 100,000 psi, depending on source. If the tube diameter is D, and the wall thickness is t, then the maximum internal (differential) pressure is P = 2T·t/D.
I think the ultimate tensile strength of pure tungsten is about T = 100,000 to 500,000 psi, or 80,000 to 100,000 psi, depending on source. If the tube diameter is D, and the wall thickness is t, then the maximum internal (differential) pressure is P = 2T·t/D.