What is the Maximum Range for a 10kW Radio Station in Bangladesh?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kazimazzad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Radio Transmission
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
kazimazzad
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I need a help with a question. we want to implement a commercial radio station with proper licensing in Bangladesh. the regulatory board allow maximum 10kW transmitter and highest 16db by combining 6db antenna each or 40 ERP. how many KM/mile we can cover with this spec or what will be the transmitting range?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
To help get you on the right path:

The easiest to use model for calculating propagation loss is Hata's model:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hata_Model_for_Urban_Areas


You can plug your data into it and calculate the loss at different distances in dB. But, if you want to know maximum range what you need to know is the power required at the receiving end to get a clear signal and this I do not know.

Obviously it will depend on if you are doing AM or FM radio (I am assuming you are doing FM). I am sure there is some accepted value, but I do not know what it is and didn't see anything in a quick search of the internet.