What is the meaning of the arrow symbol on this gate valve schematic?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
KiltedEngineer
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I've come across a gate valve schematic symbol that I can't find any information on. It is the standard symbol with a small arrow pointing out from the side of it. I am working with an air system, and it uses two valves of this design according to the schematic. Can anyone tell me the specifics of this type of valve? Please see attached photo.

Any help is most appreciated.
 
Attachments
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 537
Physics news on Phys.org
The arrow part of the valve would generally indicate the type of valve operator but I have never seen nor does a review of the standard symbols of valves and operators reveal the use of the arrow type symbol. I recommend you contact the organization that provided the drawing with this valve symbol for its clarification. It may not be a gate valve.