What is the minimum speed in the universe?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
61 replies · 9K views
Rob Benham said:
Given that measuring the speed of light over short distances requires a very precise clock, is there any significant time taken for the photons to be 'processed'* by the mirror to send them on their return journey?

*I've just read a little on what takes place but it seemed even more complex than I remember. Nowhere did I find a typical time taken.
Nobody is going to try to measure the speed of individual photons. How would you know when the photon was emitted at the source? If you want to pursue this subject, I suggest you open a new thread in the quantum forum.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
OK, the OP is banned and his/her question was fully and completely answered in post 2. Is there any point in continuing?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PWiz