What Is the Molarity of 70% TBHP Solution?

  • Thread starter Thread starter amorale
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Molarity
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 6K views
amorale
Messages
5
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


What is the Molarity of 70% TBHP?


Homework Equations


Given: d=.937g/ml, FW=90.12g , w/w%?


The Attempt at a Solution


1000mL x (0.937g/mL) x (1mol/90.12g) = 10.4M

That is what I got but idk what to do with the 70% or that w/w%
or is that right the way I did it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
"Molarity of 70%" means .7 times one molarity. Do you know what a one molarity solution would be?
 
So this is what I came up with now:

1000mL x (0.937g/mL) x (.7) x (1mol/90.12g) = 7.28mol/L

Is this correct now?
 
If they are asking the molarity and they have given you density, then it is definitely w/w%
 
HallsofIvy said:
"Molarity of 70%" means .7 times one molarity.

No, in this context it means molarity of 70% solution of TBHP, 70% being most likely w/w.