What is the 'nature of interaction' in a recommendation letter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter spaghetti3451
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Recommendation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
spaghetti3451
Messages
1,311
Reaction score
31
One of my senior lecturers has asked me to give me him a skeleton of the reference letter I want him to write describing the nature of our interactions. I am not really sure what to mention in my description. What does he mean when he says 'nature of interaction'?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
In a letter of recommendation, it is important to state in which capacity the recommender has known the recommendee. Mention how long he/she has known you, how many course they have taught you, in what other contexts you have interacted, etc.
 
I did not include my thesis advisor in my list of referees for some programs. Is it possible to request the admissions team (by phone) to request an invitation to be sent to his email address?