Recommendation for project related to thermodynamics

MatinSAR
TL;DR Summary: I'm currently studying physics (undergrad level). I want to find a project related to thermodynamics to present it to my professor.

I am reading this book: Heat and Thermodynamics: An Intermediate Textbook by Mark Zemansky and Richard Dittman
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0070170592/?tag=pfamazon01-20

These are the ones's which the professor suggusts:
1. Make a Diesel Engine
I didn't find any source to use.
2. Brownian Carnot engine
I have founded an article: https://www.nature.com/articles/nphys3518
But's it's really complicated for me. I don't know why he suggust us to read about this engine in nature!!! Can someone introduce another source?

There are other projects but I don't remember them right now ... I will ask him about them next week if I don't find a project.
Until then, I would appreciate it if you could guide me to find other projects which are easier than making an engine or understanding an article in Nature Physics.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is thermodynamics?

Thermodynamics is the branch of science that deals with the study of energy and its transformations, particularly in relation to heat, work, and temperature.

2. Why is thermodynamics important for project recommendations?

Thermodynamics is a fundamental concept in many areas of science and engineering, including chemical engineering, physics, and materials science. Understanding thermodynamics is crucial for making informed decisions and recommendations in projects related to these fields.

3. What are some common applications of thermodynamics in projects?

Thermodynamics is used in a wide range of projects, including designing efficient engines and power plants, developing new materials and processes, and understanding the behavior of gases and liquids.

4. How can thermodynamics be applied to renewable energy projects?

Thermodynamics plays a crucial role in renewable energy projects, as it helps in understanding the efficiency and performance of various renewable energy sources such as solar panels, wind turbines, and geothermal systems. It also helps in designing and optimizing these systems for maximum energy output.

5. What are some potential challenges in applying thermodynamics to a project?

One of the main challenges in using thermodynamics in a project is the complexity of the concepts and equations involved. It may require a thorough understanding of the subject and advanced mathematical skills to accurately apply thermodynamics principles to a project. Additionally, real-world projects may involve various factors that can affect thermodynamic processes, making it challenging to accurately predict and control outcomes.