What is the perception of reality in our minds?

  • Thread starter Thread starter John_Titor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Source
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
66 replies · 10K views
Originally posted by Royce
You two, Zero and Mentat, are the ones making claims and assertions that you know. You know all about something that you have never experienced nor researched. I am mearly reporting on my experiences, showing that they are similar and supportive of other reportred experiences and what it meant to me, my interpetation and impression of them and what it felt like in the best terms that I know, trying to put in words that others can understand, while trying to keep my personal beliefs and biases out of it. This is what a good scientist, reporter, philosopher does. I make no claims, assert no knowledge nor advocate any belief system. If you don't believe me fine. Go prove it for yourself. going to great lengths trying to come up with scientific explanations for what is going on is a waste of time and effort. You don't know. Neither do I. One totally unreasonable explanation is just as good as any other unreasonable explanation.
Aee, this is just wrong. Because we don't buy into your ideas doesn'tr mean we haven't researched or experienced it for ourselves. I've had experiences in this sort of thing, and done plenty of research, and I conclude that it is all due to the physical workings of my body.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
"phoenixthoth,

I was wondering if this "entity" is what we call "little self" ?"

(phoenix will do)

yes, i would say so. I'm not sure if there is one "entity" or many. i would guess many.

cheers,
phoenix
 
"None of your experiences can be attributed to anything except your own subconscious, your own completely phisical brain."

well, maybe i can do more than you can. i can attribute my experiences to my remote control.

the question is whether what i attribute my experiences to is correct.

what's your evidence that the correct attributation is my subconscious?

cheers,
phoenix
 
"You have a hard time reading my posts too, don't you. I have repeatedly stated that I question the 'source' of the experience, not the experience itself."

you're doing far more than question it. you're saying the source is my subconscious.

what i don't publicly say is that i question the source as well. i also wonder if, in the end, it matters.

may your journey be graceful,
phoenix
 
Phoenixthoth and everyone else who believes that there is more then

just the physical life please stop arguing with people who do not

believe. I do not see any point to argu with someone that does not

want to believe. Maybe it is not his/her time to see the truth, maybe

it is not his/her fate to see ever the truth until the end of times.

I was atheist for so long, but the moment now came to me because I

was meant to believe, I was meant to see. It does not matter If

anyone believe in God forece or not what really matters is to be

human beings. Let's stop arguing , let's stop hating each other for our

differences . For God sake when will come this day when everyone will

be treating each other as if they were brothers and sisters , when

people will stop puting down each other because they do not like

their look or they race.
 
Originally posted by John_Titor
For God sake when will come this day when everyone will

be treating each other as if they were brothers and sisters , when

people will stop puting down each other because they do not like

their look or they race.
Sadly, never. We'll all kill each other before that happens.
 
Sadly, never. We'll all kill each other before that happens.

Dear Tsunami,

Some people will stay here in this 3 dimenssional Earth to die

because "droids" can not live without "beings". The once who meant to

stay will stay , the once who meant to go will do so.

ThiS iS So.
 
Last edited by a moderator: