What is the Probability of No Rain Tomorrow?

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter mathdad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Probability Rain
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
mathdad
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
0
There is a 30 percent chance of rain tomorrow. What is the probability of no rain tomorrow.

Solution:

Let P = probability

P(no rain tomorrow) = 1 - P(rain tomorrow)

P(no rain tomorrow) = 1 - 0.30

P(no rain tomorrow) = 0.70 or 70 percent

Right?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.focusrs.org/forum/attachments/11204d1465956777-same-midcow3-always-forum-now-bought-golf-r-image.jpg
 
Thanks for the Fonzie picture. You know that Erin Moran died a few weeks ago.
 
RTCNTC said:
Thanks for the Fonzie picture. You know that Erin Moran died a few weeks ago.

Yeah...it was sad what became of her...but I can only hope she was relatively happy no matter her circumstances.
 
MarkFL said:
Yeah...it was sad what became of her...but I can only hope she was relatively happy no matter her circumstances.

I had a crush on her back in the 70s. I was 12 years old and Erin 16 in 1977. I started liking girls beyond friendship level after turning 12.