What is the recommended wrench clearance according to TEMA Table D5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter minoroctave
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Wrench
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 8K views
minoroctave
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
I am trying to obtain minimum recommended wrench and nut clearances from TEMA Table D5, but I don't really know what quantity from this table I should be using.
 
Attachments
  • tema1.png
    tema1.png
    45 KB · Views: 2,551
Physics news on Phys.org
That table is directed more at minimum dimensions for bolts spacing designs with a standard box end wrench rather than for wrench clearance determination. A good general reference for wrench clearances for all styles of standard wrenches is the "Machinery Handbook" published by the Industrial Press, if you can locate one. This book is a basic reference requirement in the US for any Mechanical Engineer.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: minoroctave
JBA said:
That table is directed more at minimum dimensions for bolts spacing designs with a standard box end wrench rather than for wrench clearance determination. A good general reference for wrench clearances for all styles of standard wrenches is the "Machinery Handbook" published by the Industrial Press, if you can locate one. This book is a basic reference requirement in the US for any Mechanical Engineer.

thanks, I found the handbook. I just want to make sure if C is the wrench clearance.
 
Attachments
  • handbook.png
    handbook.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 3,898