What is the Resistance of Your Calculator?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zapped
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Power

will you help me?

  • no, I dont know the equations

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, I forgot all the stuffs

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, I'm not sure about the equations

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
zapped
Messages
12
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


a battery delivers nearly constant voltage of 1.5 V and stores about 10^4 joule of energy.

Homework Equations


From time it takes you to use up the batteries in your calculator estimate the resistance of your calculator.



The Attempt at a Solution


I really don't know the equations I need for this question, this was a review problem set from gr.11. I don't have the gr.11 physics textbook and it's not on the gr12 textbook.

Please post the equations I need for this question, thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org


They give you total energy. That's Joules.

If you divide by the total time, J/s - watts.

Watts is V*I and you have V, so you can figure I.

And V = I*R

gives you R.
 


LowlyPion said:
They give you total energy. That's Joules.

If you divide by the total time, J/s - watts.

Watts is V*I and you have V, so you can figure I.

And V = I*R

gives you R.



thank you so much
=P