I think you are not asking the right question. There is no variance term in this expression. The standard deviation (the square root of the variance) being different would change the nature of the problem, because it is sampled discretely and the ratio of the sample frequency to the standard deviation would change what the function looks like. Consider this:
LaTeX Code: \\sum_{n=-\\infty}^{+\\infty}e^{-n^2/p^2}
(well darn, typing that worked for the first guy). I mean sum from -infinity to +infinity over all integers n of e^(-(n/p)^2)
Note that I am not implying that p is the "variance". This isn't a probability density function after all, since it clearly adds to something greater than 1: the component at n=0 is 1 regardless of p, and the other terms account for something. I'm just saying it is rather like the variance parameter in a regular gaussian. But that leads to an observation: if p is very, very, very small, then the terms in this sum will all be almost 0 if n is anything other than 0. The sum will approach the value of 1. This is in direct contradiction to what happens with a continuously defined gaussian - the integral would approach 0. So whatever expression this sucker equals, you would expect it to either equal 1 if you plug in p=0 or at least equal it in limit. On the other hand, it will clearly diverge as p tends to infinity. I tried to solve it and I could not. I was about to take the Fourier transform (since the Fourier transform of a gaussian is a gaussian) and add together an infinite series of aliased copies of itself ever more frequency-shifted over (which is what happens to the Fourier transform when you sample something e.g. multiply the original signal by a series of uniformly spaced samples, the transform gets convolved with a series of uniformly spaced samples) but then I just got an integral of such a series and that method just went around in circles.
I suspect that there is no closed form solution to this, but I could just be hard-headed and arrogant to conclude that if I can't do it, it can't be done, even though I can't prove that it can't be done. Maybe P=NP too.