What is the Result of \(\vec{A} - \vec{B}\) Given Three Vectors Summing to Zero?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
Ammar w
Messages
28
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


The diagram below shows 3 vectors which sum to zero, all of equal length. What is
[itex]\vec{A}[/itex] - [itex]\vec{B}[/itex]?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/diigo/thumb...Attempt at a Solution[/h2] I have no idea.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ammar w said:

Homework Statement


The diagram below shows 3 vectors which sum to zero, all of equal length. What is
[itex]\vec{A}[/itex] - [itex]\vec{B}[/itex]?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/diigo/thumb... to get [itex]\vec A - \vec B[/itex] ? AM
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to PF!

Hi Ammar w! Welcome to PF! :smile:

Draw -B …

what does it look like? :wink:​
 
Thank you Andrew Mason & tiny-tim
C+A=-B // add A to the sides of the equatoin
C+2A=A-B
A-B = C+2A.
I didn't draw anything.
Thanks for let me thinking.
 
Thank you Andrew Mason & tiny-tim
C+A=-B // add A to the sides of the equatoin
C+2A=A-B
A-B = C+2A.
I didn't draw anything.
Thanks for let me thinking.