What is the role of ε in understanding latent heat?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KiNGGeexD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Heat Latent heat
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
KiNGGeexD
Messages
317
Reaction score
1
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1393703019.488452.jpg


ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1393703037.969647.jpg


This is a question of understanding notes today:) I'm struggling to follow these notes, they are not very well written and a tad sporadic! I was just reading through them and I'm not quite sure what the term ε actually is in this case?

I am assuming it is a constant although on the first page it states

Lo= ε (number of pairs if nearest neighbours)

Now I'm not sure if that is a product of the two terms or it is defining ε?

It then goes on to discuss estimators of ε?This confused me even more! I have attached some photos of the notes sorry they are rather wordy which I know physics and maths people hate!

I'm the sameThanks in advanced! I also realize this question was rather wordy too :P
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Never mind it's an energy! The binding energy hehe