What is the Shape of Hydrogen Bonds in Urea Molecules?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
starlightx
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
For one of my chemistry projects, I have to build a 3D model of urea, with 3 urea molecules bonded to each other (via hydrogen bonding). I was just wondering how you know the shape of the hydrogen bond that takes place?? Ie. for water, the hydrogen bonding makes a tetrahedron shape, what's the shape/angle made by urea molecules??

Also, if anyone can explain why Perchloroethylene (Cl2C=CCl2) is effective for dry cleaning (i.e. the polarity, bonding, etc) that would be really appreciated thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
starlightx said:
For one of my chemistry projects, I have to build a 3D model of urea, with 3 urea molecules bonded to each other (via hydrogen bonding). I was just wondering how you know the shape of the hydrogen bond that takes place?? Ie. for water, the hydrogen bonding makes a tetrahedron shape, what's the shape/angle made by urea molecules??

Lone pairs.