What is the slope of the graph for F versus I?

  • Thread starter Thread starter delsoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Graph
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 1K views
delsoo
Messages
97
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



according to my book, there's no graph for F versus I , can someone expalin why? based on my understanding it should be a straight line graph ( directly propotional) since F= BIL SIN TETHA

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Attachments
  • DSC_0116~3[1].jpg
    DSC_0116~3[1].jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 510
  • DSC_0115~5[1].jpg
    DSC_0115~5[1].jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 526
Physics news on Phys.org
For any given layout, F vs. I should be a sloping straight line. I see no evidence of your textbook implying otherwise.
 
NascentOxygen said:
For any given layout, F vs. I should be a sloping straight line. I see no evidence of your textbook implying otherwise.

do u mean my textbook ans is wrong?
 
delsoo said:
do u mean my textbook ans is wrong?
You haven't shown the textbook's answer. (A hand-drawn sketch is not reliable.)
 
NascentOxygen said:
You haven't shown the textbook's answer. (A hand-drawn sketch is not reliable.)

here's the ans from my book... so how should the graph be? can you show here?
 
Attachments
  • DSC_0116~5[1].jpg
    DSC_0116~5[1].jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 458
I guess your textbook is supplying a blank graph for you to fill in? Or maybe the author simply forgot to hand draw the graph before the book went to the printers.

Just draw in a straight line through the origin, of some general slope. If you were asked to indicate the slope, what expression would you write?
 
Last edited: