What is Tubes Assembly and Manifold for engines?

In summary, the conversation is about someone requesting information on tubes assembly and manifold for aircraft engines. They are specifically looking for documentation and characteristics of these parts, as well as their functions and material specifications. The person is doing third year engineering studies and is seeking clarification on the nature of these jobs.
SeanNg
Dear all,

I am so sorry for my stupid questions. Currently, I am looking for documents (lecture notes) on tubes assembly and manifold for aircraft engine.

What are those tubes assembly and manifold? What are those characteristic? I did quite a lot google search, however, I only found any good sketch/picture representation of these tubes and manifold. I would like to know their functions in the aircraft engine and why I saw many of them made of aluminum alloy but some of them does not have materials specification?

I am doing my third year study in Engineering!

Thank you very one for reading.
Sean

Physics news on Phys.org
Somebody helps?please!

I don't understand your question. You might have better luck retyping it.

Hi Cyrus,

I am so sorry for my bad English. Do you know about the works of repairing Tube Assembly and Manifolds in Aircraft engines? I would like to know the natures of these jobs?

Thanks in advanced!

Tube assembly?? I am assuming by manifold you mean the aircraft sump. The manifold is on the other side of the carburetor or fuel servo if fuel injected. The intake tubes disperse the air fuel mixture from the manifold to each cylinder.The engine oil is also in the sump. They run intake air through the sump around the oil to help cool it. Intake air is basically ram air when in flight.

Hi Pitts,
In fact, I am not very sure about the tube assembly work scope. I would do more research on that. Thank you very much and have a nice day..

I forgot to ask Piston driven or turbine??

It should be Turbine. The PW4000 series..

1. What is Tubes Assembly and Manifold for engines?

Tubes assembly and manifold are components of an engine that work together to supply fuel and air to the engine. The tubes assembly is a system of tubes that carry fuel and air from the fuel tank and air filter to the engine's cylinders. The manifold is a chamber that distributes the fuel and air mixture evenly to each cylinder.

2. Why are tubes assembly and manifold important for engines?

Tubes assembly and manifold are crucial for the proper functioning of an engine. They ensure that the right amount of fuel and air is delivered to the engine, which is necessary for combustion and powering the vehicle. Without these components, the engine would not be able to run efficiently.

3. How do tubes assembly and manifold work?

The tubes assembly and manifold work together to create a continuous flow of fuel and air to the engine. The fuel and air are mixed in the manifold and then delivered to each cylinder through the tubes assembly. This mixture is then ignited, creating the power needed to run the engine.

4. What are the common materials used for tubes assembly and manifold?

Tubes assembly and manifold are typically made from aluminum or stainless steel. These materials are lightweight, durable, and resistant to corrosion, making them ideal for use in engines. Some manufacturers also use plastic or rubber for certain components of the tubes assembly.

5. How often should tubes assembly and manifold be replaced?

There is no specific timeline for when tubes assembly and manifold should be replaced. It depends on various factors such as the vehicle's usage, maintenance, and the quality of the components. However, it is recommended to inspect these components regularly and replace them if there are signs of wear and tear to ensure optimal engine performance.