1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What jobs are there to do with space?

1. Jul 25, 2012 #1

ogb

I'm from the UK and soon to be choosing my A-level topics.
    I'd like to go into a career to do with space, but know little about what jobs there are.

Also I'd like to move to the USA, would a job like this be wanted in the USA? (So that I would be able to get a visa).

If anybody has any information about jobs in this area such as salary etc. I'd really appreciate it.

I also need some information about what I'd have to study at University, and what uni's are good for studying something like this.

Space and the Universe intrigues me, so it's something I'd like to do.

Thank you in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2012 #2
    I think, personally, that the most fun to study would be astronomy or astrophysics. But that's just me. Look around, I'm sure you'll find something.

4. Aug 2, 2012 #3
    This is a good place to start:

http://www.astrium.eads.net/en/in-uk/ [Broken]

There are some big investments in UK space. All relatively small compared to our US friends of course but good news for someone like yourself just starting out.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook