What jobs are available to an Astrophysics Student?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
SpaceIsCool
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Hello, I am a 19 year old female who just graduated from a community college with an Associate in Science degree. I chose to major in physics and am planning on continuing my degree this Fall at a University. My issue is that I want to go into the Astrophysics field, but I am greatly worried about the jobs that would be available to me after graduation. I have heard that in order to really have a career in Astrophysics one should have a Doctorates degree. I am perfectly happy to continue my degree to that level, however, I really want to know my job options before I continue much further. I have read before that the job opportunities are limited and harsh. Is this true? Are there really any good jobs available for an Astrophysicist in this job market?
 
Physics news on Phys.org