1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What jobs are available to an Astrophysics Student?

1. Mar 28, 2017 #1
    Hello, I am a 19 year old female who just graduated from a community college with an Associate in Science degree. I chose to major in physics and am planning on continuing my degree this Fall at a University. My issue is that I want to go into the Astrophysics field, but I am greatly worried about the jobs that would be available to me after graduation. I have heard that in order to really have a career in Astrophysics one should have a Doctorates degree. I am perfectly happy to continue my degree to that level, however, I really want to know my job options before I continue much further. I have read before that the job opportunities are limited and harsh. Is this true? Are there really any good jobs available for an Astrophysicist in this job market?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2017 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted