What kind of fiction do you like?

• Thread starter EUROPE1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fiction
In summary, people like stories with interesting places and characters. Old classics are still popular, but science fiction and fantasy are also popular.
Has anyone read Asimov's "Prelude to Foundation" and "Forward the Foundation"? The style is clearly different from the first three books, which were written much earlier. I also very much enjoyed "Foundation's Edge" - very clever.

I would hope someone makes some high quality movies from the series.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I've read Prelude to Foundation. I didn't like it so much. It was too practiced and it mostly covered old news.

I have also probably read Foundation's Edge--refresh my memory of what stage in the saga that is.

Foundation's Edge is the last one.

FROM THE PUBLISHER
At last, the costly and bitter war between the two Foundations had come to an end. The scientists of the First Foundation had proved victorious; and now they retum to Hari Seldon's long-established plan to build a new Empire that the Second Foundation is not destroyed after all-and that its still-defiant survivors are preparing their revenge. Now the two exiled citizens of the Foundation-a renegade Councilman and the doddering historian-set out in search of the mythical planet Earth. . .and proof that the Second Foundation still exists. Meanwhile someone-or something-outside of both Foundations sees to be orchestrating events to suit its own ominous purpose. Soon representatives of both the First and Second Foundations will find themselves racing toward a mysterious world called Gaia and a final shocking destiny at the very end of the universe!

Also three good books by Paulo Coelho (Brazilian writer, books translated).

The Alchemist
Pilgrimage
The Fifth Mountain (intense)

Ender!

Trout Fishing in America by Richard Brautigan.

The Lord of the Flies, William Goldings;
The House of the Souls, Elizabeth Aliende;

Davorak said:
Douglas Adams-Need I say more?
'Nuff said.