What kind of parties do you guys have?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ice109
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
41 replies · 7K views
It's one of the few chances there are to hit on other physicists. You're so hot you make plasma look like liquid nitrogen
 
Physics news on Phys.org
lol, it is normal to a physicist to get drunk (I mean not too drunk) once a week?

Neumann had a great social life.
 
physicists are people who think it is cool to serve pure alcohol at parties, with maybe grapefruit juice, as i recall.

mathematicians on the other hand as i have mentioned hardly know what parties are.
 
Loren Booda said:
I either get together with my girlfriend, wash clothes, listen to music or play word games on weekend nights. Yes, I'm 48.

Sounds familiar, except for the girlfriend part. I'm 23. :-p
 
All my parties look like this
Party.jpg
 
mathwonk said:
physicists are people who think it is cool to serve pure alcohol at parties, with maybe grapefruit juice, as i recall.

mathematicians on the other hand as i have mentioned hardly know what parties are.

That doesn't mean we don't drink though...
 
ice109 said:
you're missing out. social interaction is a wonderful part of life that should be pursued for its own sake just like science. i implore to check it out
Is this another thread where the small band of non-partiers has to defend themselves against the partiers?

I hate parties.

Especially ones with drinking, and, well, other things :smile: I favor other forms of social interaction than parties. Just because we don't like parties doesn't mean we're social outcasts? Well, probably a lot of us are...
 
Mk said:
Is this another thread where the small band of non-partiers has to defend themselves against the partiers?

I hate parties.

Especially ones with drinking, and, well, other things :smile: I favor other forms of social interaction than parties. Just because we don't like parties doesn't mean we're social outcasts? Well, probably a lot of us are...

that guy was saying he's a social outcast and that is what motivated me to post that. I as well hate parties because most of them are just a bunch of people standing around in their own cliques drinking. that is why i was wondering what happens at the uncommon parties.
 
Man... just yesterday, my friends an I sneaked out of our houses at 12, drove to the nearest "theka" (booze shop), bought rum n beer, and got plastered till 3 am in the back garden... we were celebrating our break ups, and its the most fun I've had in ages...
 
just to make one thing clear: some girls think it is cool to go out with a clueless dork mathematician, not a lot, but some.

e.g. there are some on tv right now, listing their phone numbers right on the screen.
 
mathwonk said:
just to make one thing clear: some girls think it is cool to go out with a clueless dork mathematician, not a lot, but some.

e.g. there are some on tv right now, listing their phone numbers right on the screen.

you married mathwonk?
 
Well parties can vary...

Some of the parties I've been to:

Pool Party: We went to a house with a big pool. We drunk alcohol on the pool, outside the pool. We talked, We listened to music, We danced, We ate mexican food. It was at the night.

Club Party: We drunk alcohol, We danced and talked. I don't think you could listen to the music.

Hawaiian Theme Party: We did limbo, we danced, we drunk alcohol and we talked.

What else is there for party? It's just having a good time, have a laugh, meet chicks, etc...

What i like most of parties is meeting new people!, so i can always have something new to say!.