What kind of registration is better?

• Thread starter Omid
  • Start date
In summary, the website is targeting tutors looking for jobs and offers a personal and professional webpage for each tutor. The question is what kind of registration process would be best for the website, with options including a "register" button and form or an invitation-based system like Google. The expert suggests using both options or only the first one, as relying solely on invitation-based registration may not be beneficial. They also express a dislike for Google's invitation-based system.
Omid
I'm developing a website. Its targetting tutors after jobs. Each tutor is given a webpage containing all his personal an professional information, so that people looking for a teacher can come, search and find the guy who suits their needs.
With the short description given, let me know what do you think about this question:
What kind of registration process is good for the website?
You know, I can simply put a "resgister" button in my homepage and provide the tutors with a form to fill in the blank and join the website. Or I can forget about this kind of registration and only do it by allowing the present members to send invitation emails to their friends and invite them to join the website. Much the same way that Google does it, in Orkut and gmail.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thank you very much

Computer science news on Phys.org
I would go with either both or only the first one. I don't think registration by invitation by itself is going to benefit you in any way. To be honest I'm not a fan of Google's invitation-based registration system, even if it works.

There are a few factors to consider when deciding on a registration process for your website targeting tutors.

Firstly, the ease and convenience for tutors to register and create their webpage is important. Having a simple and straightforward registration process with a form to fill out may be more efficient for tutors who are looking for quick and easy access to the website. This could also potentially attract more tutors to join your website.

On the other hand, allowing current members to invite their friends to join may create a sense of exclusivity and credibility for your website. This could also potentially attract high-quality and recommended tutors to join. However, this process may be more time-consuming and may limit the number of tutors who are able to join.

Ultimately, the best registration process would depend on your target audience and their preferences. It may be beneficial to conduct some research or surveys to understand what type of registration process would be most appealing to your target audience.

Additionally, offering both options could be a good compromise and cater to different preferences. You could have a simple form for tutors who want to register immediately, and also have an option for current members to invite their friends to join. This way, you can cater to both convenience and exclusivity.

Overall, the key is to make the registration process as user-friendly and efficient as possible, while also considering the potential benefits of exclusivity. Good luck with your website!

1. What is the difference between a regular and premium registration?

A regular registration typically offers basic features and benefits, while a premium registration may offer additional perks such as exclusive access, discounts, or enhanced services. It ultimately depends on the specific registration and what it includes.

2. How much does a premium registration cost compared to a regular one?

The cost of a premium registration may vary depending on the event or service, but it is typically higher than a regular registration due to the added benefits and features. It's important to weigh the cost against the value of the perks offered.

3. Is a premium registration worth the extra cost?

This ultimately depends on the individual and their needs. If the added benefits and features are important to you and enhance your experience, then a premium registration may be worth the extra cost. However, if you are satisfied with the basic features of a regular registration, it may not be necessary to upgrade.

4. How do I know if a regular or premium registration is right for me?

Consider your budget, the event or service you are registering for, and what is included in each type of registration. Determine which features are most important to you and if the added perks of a premium registration are worth the cost for your specific needs.

5. Can I upgrade my regular registration to a premium one later?

This will depend on the event or service and their policies. Some may allow for upgrades, while others may not. It's best to check with the organizers or service provider to see if this is an option.