What kinds of nuclear physics should I focus?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
mike232
Messages
37
Reaction score
1
Hey everyone. I'm looking to study nuclear physics and want to look into new forms of every. So fusion would be cool but probibly new forms of fission or even using waste to make energy. But I don't know what I want to get into. Any dirrational help would be cool. Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
mike232 said:
Hey everyone. I'm looking to study nuclear physics and want to look into new forms of every. So fusion would be cool but probibly new forms of fission or even using waste to make energy. But I don't know what I want to get into. Any dirrational help would be cool. Thanks!
Without more information I don't see how anyone can advise you on much of anything. If you are just starting college, for example, a decision along those lines is meaningless since you will be taking the same set of course for at least the first year anyway. If you are starting on a PhD on the other hand, that's a different story. Do you want us to just guess where you are?

By the way, does your browser not have a spell checker?
 
Well I'm a 3rd year undergrad in mechanical engineering and physics major. So my experience is calc with some differential equation and I'm in modern physics, but ready most of the book already. That is the extent of my knowledge. Also I go to purdue calumet. A satellite campus.