Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Magazines should a Computer Science Student read

1. Nov 7, 2014 #1
    What Magazines or Journals a Computer Science student must read, In order to be in touch with recent research work in Computer Industry. Should I get a subscription of IEEE Xplore Digital Library or some other website like it.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2014 #2
    You don't need to read magazines to stay current, and trying to keep current across all of the technologies is not only extremely difficult, but pretty much impossible.

Computer Science is like the a la carte of the computer industry - it gives you a wide range of information that most people generally choose a specific field past the associates level (programming, networking, database, etc), so depending on what your interests are and what your goals are, those are what you'll want to pay attention to.

4. Nov 8, 2014 #3
    You should consider some of these: Smart Computing, MaximumPC, wired, PCWorld, Macworld...

5. Nov 11, 2014 #4
    I'm reading Digit, Wired, Make

6. Nov 26, 2014 #5

harborsparrow

Gold Member

http://www.techmeme.com/river is a good summary of online articles. I like to watch it for news of what is going on across computing and technology companies.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook