Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What music genre describes computers the most?

1. Sep 3, 2015 #1
    I myself are thinking about chiptune and dubstep ... and if it's possible , can you name a song that is the best to listen to when programming ?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Well Youtube has quite a few but this is a historical classic:

and this great moog tune:

and some others:

4. Sep 3, 2015 #3
    Wow , thanks ... I mostly listen to chiptunes like outbrk by sabrepulse . But there is a song that is awesome for this and its (( crystals )) by M|O|O|N .
    Btw , youtube is filtered here but I know my ways around and can bypass it easily ... if you live here you have to know your ways around hacking and such ... I know its not correct to hack and such , but thanks for the reply . I really appreciate it !

5. Sep 8, 2015 #4
    And where might "here" be? You didn't say..o_O

6. Sep 8, 2015 #5

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

He said "Iran" in another thread.

7. Sep 8, 2015 #6
    Ah, thanks, Mark, That was going to bug me. Shame some one would have to hack to watch youtube. I typically feed my fat imperial USA belly 20-30 youtube videos a day (all science-related, of course, except for the occasional world war 2 video). I couldn't imagine not having that access..:oldfrown:

8. Jan 26, 2016 #7

1oldman2

Gold Member

I would start with Kraftwerks Autobahn, a little dated but its inspirational in a tech sense.

9. Jan 26, 2016 #8

10. Jan 27, 2016 #9

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

If you want something from Portal, shouldn't be Cara Mia Addio/Turret Opera? With the Fat Lady Turret?

11. Jan 28, 2016 #10
    Back in the day the most popular computer music was played on large band printers when some joker would sneak a bogus deck of cards into a batch run. The most common song was "Anchors Away".

12. Jan 28, 2016 #11
    GlaDOS, the computer in Portal, has become a crowdsourced pop star in the USA. In Japan it's Hatsune Miku, a sweet innocent girl. The US version is a sociopathic murder. Maybe I'm not surprised.

13. Jan 29, 2016 #12
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook