What other theories/formulas can be linked to a project on bouncing basketballs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter matha mau sen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Balls Theory
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 9K views
matha mau sen
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
hi all

I'm doing an experimental investigation for a school project on bouncing basketballs. I've linked this project with kinetic and potential energy (i.e I've written how kinetic and potential play a role in the resultant rebound height) and I'm wondering if anyone knows any other theories/formula i can link my project to.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
air resistance

how about air resistance have you considered that?
 
i've decided to neglect air resistance. I'm thinking of observing the affects of heated surfaces.
 
Some energy is dissipated as friction in the collision and as sound. These effects are lumped together into the "coefficient of restitution." See, e.g., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coefficient_of_restitution"
 
Last edited by a moderator: