What role do R2 and C1 play in dampening the IG1 current supply?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lennybogzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Oscillation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
lennybogzy
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Okay, I've re-tooled my question.

What role do R2 and C1 play in dampening a sine wave on the current supply IG1 in the following circuit?

I want to understand the fundamental theory behind this.
 
Attachments
  • CKT.JPG
    CKT.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 444
Engineering news on Phys.org
lennybogzy said:
Okay, I've re-tooled my question.

What role do R2 and C1 play in dampening a sine wave on the current supply IG1 in the following circuit?

I want to understand the fundamental theory behind this.

What are your thoughts so far?
 
cuz its a simple RC circuit. that's why. the changing current that the cap pulls induces a "compensating" voltage drop in R2.