What should I answer to the question what do you bring to the project ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oxygenne
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Project
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Oxygenne
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
What should I answer to the question "what do you bring to the project"?

I am going for an interview and I was ask to prepare a presentation with my previous work and also with what I bring to the project.
I do not know much about the project only that is related to the preparation of a specific compound and the need is to measure experimental some characteristics and to contribute to some data base.
Everything I know is included in the add in one sentence.
I can say I bring my skills to the experimental work and I know to work with the software to do the theoretical calculation for the data base.
But I do not know and i do not have time to spent searching what is the status about those at this time and what the unknown problems are and that it was the need of this project to cover the gap of some specific information but i do not know what are those.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Oxygenne said:
I am going for an interview and I was ask to prepare a presentation with my previous work and also with what I bring to the project.
I do not know much about the project only that is related to the preparation of a specific compound and the need is to measure experimental some characteristics and to contribute to some data base.
Everything I know is included in the add in one sentence.
I can say I bring my skills to the experimental work and I know to work with the software to do the theoretical calculation for the data base.
But I do not know and i do not have time to spent searching what is the status about those at this time and what the unknown problems are and that it was the need of this project to cover the gap of some specific information but i do not know what are those.

I think just mentioning your skills, how you work with others, your diligence, etc. would be what they are asking for. If you can give specific examples of how those things have helped out on other projects, that would help you to stand out as a candidate.